Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 1 hour
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Slice the pork fillets lengthways, but stop before cutting all the way through. Open the fillets out, cover with clingfilm or parchment paper and flatten with a rolling pin.
2. In a food processor, blend 3 of the bacon rashers together with the garlic, cumin, sage, lemon zest and lemon juice to make a paste.
3. Spread the paste over one of the flattened pork fillets. Season, then spread the chopped peppers on top.
4. Place the other pork fillet on top and fold the meat over to form a roll. Lay the bacon rashers over the roll, and secure with skewers or tie with some string to keep it secure during cooking.
5. Roast the pork for approximately 1 hour, or until fully cooked through. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving into slices, removing the string before serving.
Our Top Tip
Serve on a bed of creamy mashed potato.
12 lean bacon rashers
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp ground cumin
Handful of fresh sage, chopped
Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
2 large, lean pork tenderloin fillets (approximately 600-700g each)
450g jar of roasted peppers, drained and chopped
Salt and Pepper